Wednesday, September 11, 2019

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

'Ol MJ is in a sorrowful mood this morning. I watched the entire reading of those who lost their lives on 9/11. It was done by wives, sons and daughters and other family members of the lost. It's good to reflect.

Chuckles and I went for a walk and I began reflecting on my teaching career which began in 1968 and culminated twenty years later. Those first seniors are now 68 and the youngest 48. I think about many of them but in my mind they're still kids. Oh, I keep in touch with a couple of them but not more than a handful. I think teachers think more about their students than students about their teachers. That's the way it should be. I had fun teaching in the classroom especially at Davenport Assumption(Iowa) and Rock Island Alleman(Illinois). If a teacher can't make it a learning situation and still have fun they shouldn't be teaching.

I wish schools published pamphlets people could buy saying where these adults are now.
 and what they did with their lives. The worst part is when one finds out one of them has passed away.

When I was a volunteer freshman baseball coach at Dublin Coffman three years ago, and before practice began, I asked the kids to sit on the bleachers behind home plate. Every day I gave them a 'Lesson in Life' story. The first one was for them in unison to snap their fingers once. I then told them that's what it takes to become a senior in high school and now they are. I didn't mention anything about how many snaps it takes to turn 70.

We're going through a phase called Indian Summer in Dublin. The temps this week are in the low 90's. No, it's not global warming. It happens every year and soon the leaves will turn colors then fall to the ground.

Did you know the U.S. is now gas independent? We don't have to rely on Saudi Arabia or OPEC to meet our needs. Actually this country is the provider for the world. "Drill baby drill".

Democrats want to take away our guns, all of them. Can you imagine? If you think deer are overrunning this country now wait until that happens.

The major aspect of my dog that bothers me is he is constantly licking every part of my body not covered. The emphasis of the previous sentence is on the word 'constantly'. As for the Queen; he doesn't dare. I wonder why. Could it be I have sweet skin. I read in dogington.com I should rub an orange on my body parts and that would take care of it.




No comments: