Friday, September 24, 2021

A Salute To The Cleveland Indians

 Folks, being the baseball fan that I am I had to note the demise of the Cleveland baseball team. This coming Monday is the last home game and because the team owners decided to change the name of the team it's the last time term Indians will be used------------except by real Americans. 

I started collecting baseball cards in 1952. I was always pleased when I opened my packet of five cards, bubble gum included, and got an Early Wynn, a Bob Feller, an Al Rosen or a Bobby Avila. Why" Because in the upper corner of the card was a logo of Chief Wahoo. The pictue fascinsated me and I liked it.

The first question that came to mind when I thought about the new name, The Guardians: Will people be allowed in the stadium if they wear the old garb? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Long live The Tribe!

No comments: