Thursday, September 14, 2023

Don't Go Near The Water

 Is it only me or when I hear the name of Huntsville, Texas the thought of alligators doesn't enter my mind? But, evidently, one of these critters was in attack mode with a group of youngsters swimming in his pond. Then I read what one of the local authorities said about a recent occurrence and I thought, "How can people be so stupid."

"The Texas Parks & Wildlife Department discourages people from feeding or aggravating the creatures and advises remaining 30 feet away at all times.

“Do not assume that alligators are slow and sluggish. They are extremely quick and agile and will defend themselves when cornered,” the site reads.

“They rarely chase people, but they can outrun or outswim the fastest person for the first 30 feet.”

Trust me when I say not only would I stay more than thirty feet away. I'd be in the next county at a minimum.. https://nypost.com/2023/09/14/massive-alligator-in-attack-mode-creeps-up-on-kids-in-lake/

No comments: