Monday, March 1, 2010

Cigs And Brew Equals Obama

I think it's all over the news cycle. Obama has been encouraged by his doctors to cut back on his cigarette consumption along with his intake of beer. This was a surprise for me; never thought much about his drinking. I mean, who thinks about their leader having too much of a good time with the Clydesdales. Oh wait! The boys at the Washington Post made their careers exposing the drunken stupors of Mr. Nixon at the height of Watergate. Churchhill was more than an imbiber and Harry Truman was known to throw back a couple in the evening.
But Barry Obama? Strange how I never heard anything about George W. Bush being asked to give his drinking a rest. Bush was constantly being made fun of because he was a "lush" but his drinking took place twenty-five years before he took office. It'd be interesting to know what Obama was asked to cut back on-- three beers? I don't think so. That's nothing, even for your average Joe. In my prime I could down three brew while going to the bathroom. Maybe six beers a day is the number, or how about twelve? And we haven't even brought up Obama's cocaine use.

No comments: