Friday, September 10, 2010

A Tennis Tournament

We only get two TV channels at our lake cabin; CBS and Fox. I'm resting on the sofa and couldn't get excited about watching Judge Judy so I turned to a tennis tourney in which I am slightly less disinterested. Is it the US Open? The French Open? Some guy in the background sounds French. I don't know.
I'm not a good tennis player hence I have no desire to get involved. I have a better description about my ability. I'm horrible! I swing the tennis racket the same way I do a ping pong paddle. I have a word for this. It's called a thalidomide swing. i.e. I short arm it.
Venus Williams is one of the contestants in this match. She scares me except if I had to fight someone she'd be my first pick. The other girl is an anonymous to me. Her name is Clusters. There are two things I like about her: 1) unlike Williams, she doesn't grunt like a sword has been run through her abdomen when she serves and 2) she has smokin' hot gams. I'm rooting for Clusters.

No comments: