Sunday, October 31, 2010

Definition Of Class


In watching a bit of the World Series last night I saw our former President, George W. Bush, in the box seats next to the Texas Rangers GM, Nolan Ryan. Whenever I see Mr. Bush I have one thought: classy. I can say the same for Mrs. Bush. I had the honor of seeing her in person three weeks ago and listen to a speech given by her about honor and America. In her twenty minute talk she did not use the word 'I' one time.
Being a student of politics it's important for me to take note of GW's predecessor and successor and how 'little' they can be. Obama has made it a centerfold of his administration to lambaste Mr. Bush at every turn. Bill Clinton has to be the biggest egomaniac to walk the face of the earth. Stupid me! It's a tie between Obama and Clinton. Big Bill is travelling the country stumping for loser candidates. The Pervert-in-Chief has to have his mug everywhere and be the star of the show. Our first black president approached a black candidate for the senate in Florida and asked him to give up his bid. What this move did was insure victory for Republican, Marco Rubio.
And what of Mr. Bush? He hasn't made one negative comment about Obama or Clinton--ever. He doesn't stump. He is comfortable in his own skin. President Bush attends baseball games, is devoted to his wife and loves his children. Too bad members of the Stupid Party can't show such class.

No comments: