Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Feel Good Story About Liberalism

Seven million people are paying more money for less care. What a grand bargain. In my daydreaming of yesterday I tried to get my hand on liberalism and who would grasp the concept and why. Forget the foreign aspect of failed governments in Russia, China, Cambodia, Germany and Italy in the last hundred years.. At this point we haven't murdered millions of people---OMG--- except for babies. We're more murderous than those countries mentioned.
After much contemplation as to the why of liberalism in modern day American I can only put my finger on one reason why a group of people see this country as la-la land. Here it comes, folks. I get to blame it on a Kennedy. You'll have to be older than your late Fifties to understand. Do you recall this: "There are some who look at things the way they are and ask why...I dream of things that never were and ask why not"? Of course, it came from the lips of Robt. F. Kennedy as a campaign slogan, much like "Hope and Change". It's a meaningless slogan if you think about it. It sounds good but as we now know the question that always needs to be asked would be, "What kind of dreams and how much is it going to cost me. When liberals read RFK's words it makes them feel good.
My neighbor next to us in Minnesota is a lovely lady, God fearing and married to a Lutheran minister. She's a do-gooder. I was once in her cabin and flipped on the TV and it was on MSNBC. I started laughing and asked why? She said, "Because it's the only place you can get the truth". In between choking jags on my part she then went on to say, "We have to do something for these people". I'm assuming she meant the poor and 'doing something' meant higher taxes. This deluded person is the perfect example of why liberalism is a massive failure. It's pie in the sky.
And those are my ideas for the day on this subject.

No comments: