Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Stuff I Learned This Week In Dublin Ohio

With age comes knowledge, most of it worthless. Aside from current events I made a couple of highly insignificant observations in the past few days.

The longer one lives the more coffee cups they accrue. If you know why let me know. Personally, like a favorite suit, I'll use only two or three. One has written on it, 'Member of the vast right wing conspiracy'. The other was given to me by an Iowa friend and has pictures of Iowa communities emblazoned on it. In our cupboard set thirty other dust collectors.

A cousin of the Boston Marathon Bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, spoke in his defense in court. She said he was such a nice little boy. He even cried when he saw the movie, The Lion King. That's good enough for me. Let's set the lad free.

The City of Columbus, Ohio built four homes for the underprivileged in what is called The Linden District. The area is located in the northeast section of the city and, how do I write this-----could rival inner city Detroit on a bad day. Anyway, via a federal grant these four homes cost the U.S. taxpayer $330,000 and change each to construct. If they were to go on the market by the seller the list price would tally out to $92,000. Don't ask me why. It's a government thing.

Buzzfeed seems to be the hot new zip code on the internet. It's chock full of mindless nonsense. They have quizzes for the reader wondering about specific aspects of their lives. For instance, based on ones Zodiac sign they'll tell you what sexual position you like best. Imagine my surprise when a certain man and women I know enjoy the missionary position. I'm not a biology major but I don't believe this is conducive to procreation. Heck, earthworms would have a better chance of bringing their offspring to this earth than would humankind.

On a lighter note Buzzfeed offers other items; 23 ways to eat cookies for breakfast was a winner in my book.

While perusing the internet a sexist site popped up. It's called 'Bitches be crazy'. As you might imagine it's main goal is to expose women as nutty. I guess it makes some guys feel better about themselves especially after a night of getting puking drunk.

Scientists announced we have only seven years to live if we don't make drastic changes to control the climate. The only problem is this announcement was made seven years ago yesterday.

Did you know the gay/lesbian population isn't in the 25% area? Of the 215 million people over age 18 the % is slightly under 2%. Furthermore it is now impossible to be 'only' gay or lesbian. It's a must to be more specific and I'm quoting from MRC News:

Gender queer, gender fluid, gender-less, gynesexual, bigender, transsexual, transvestite, transitioning, agender, poly genderandrogynous, androsexual, pangender, omnisexual, omnigender, Demi sexual, skoliosexual, cisgender, third gender and boydyke
This is all so confusing. I read a blog site yesterday from a dude called 'The Rabid Faggot' in Salon Magazine. He's gay, Black and communist all wrapped in one. That must be a heavy load to carry. Did I mention he's a liberal and hates Republicans?

Dan Jenkins is arguably the best sports writer who ever lived. He said, while holding a cigarette in one hand and a Jack Daniels in the other, "The greatest reason for the demise of America is political correctness. I agree. It's impossible to cut one loose in public anymore without having an ugly, grossly obese loser of a women scream the F word  at you for being so vulgar.



No comments: