Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Corn And Bread

1

A friend called me on the phone a few days ago. He was wondering if my wife knew how to cook.
"My wife", I said, "would put the finest chefs in Paris to shame with what she places in front of me".

Naturally he was flabbergasted at my admission. You see, he's been married for twenty years and sent me a photo of his daily fare. He didn't forward a breakfast or lunch menu but I can only imagine.

I say, if a person likes bread and corn then he's got it made. Pigs eat this stuff and complain nary a bit. In looking at his feast I'd say the only item missing is a lot of butter.

So, I got to thinking. Why is it a fella can survive on the staples, bread and corn, and after all those years start beefing about his dinner? I mean, what's a wife anyway if not for providing a clean house and a full plate?

Easy answer and it's a long time proverb. One man's poison is another man's pie. Now that I've seen his wife I've become a big fan of corn, with or without butter.







No comments: