Thursday, July 23, 2015

Finally, Back In Dublin Ohio

Words cannot express the joy in my body and mind as I returned to Dublin, Ohio from a six week hiatus. Dublin has to be the best community in America. My wife and I have many times spoken about moving to another locale then ask, "Why"? We've never lived in a better place so why take a chance.

Guess what? I lost my hearing aids in Mundelein, Illinois. That tops off one week of being irresponsible and it's depleted my bank account immensely. It's isn't a big deal, though. Replacements are only a thousand dollars and I have until February 14, 2016 to do so. Otherwise, it's going to relieve me of the 6K I originally paid for them. So, the way I figure I'm going to save five grand. Do they still spell idiot, I-D-I-O-T? I thought so.

On the way home, driving through Illinois, Indiana and, finally, Ohio I made a couple of observations. On I-94 thirty miles north of Chicago to twenty miles south of The City the speed limit is 55. I was going 70 and drivers behind me were flashing their beams because I was impeding traffic.This forced me to move to the slower right side of the freeway. In the Chicago Loop I was driving at zero miles per hour due to back ups so I was able to keep up with the rest of the nimrods.

On interstates in rural areas, and you should check this out, vehicles from out of state go much faster than cars from that state. I guess their reasoning is they're so far from home the highway patrol will cut them some slack. I'm very serious about this. Also, it doesn't work.

Indiana from Merriville to Ft. Wayne on highway 30 is loaded with small lakes; maybe two acres in size. These places have parks for those small campers. I saw one this morning that appeared to have a hundred of these mini-ghettos. How much fun can it be to have to listen to the person next to you pass gas at night? Doesn't sound like fun.

As I entered NW Ohio it was impossible not to notice the thousands of wind turbines adding confirmation that Ohio and northern Iowa have one thing in common. They've destroyed the land.

I happened to change places with a vehicle sporting Ohio state department license plates. He'd drive 70 then I'd pass him and he, in turn, would overtake me. This must have gone on for an hour or so. Anyway, he was on his cell phone the entire time and, I'm thinking, this must be against the law. But, since he's a government worker he can get away with it.

And that's the way it goes.














No comments: