Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Rifleman

You know it's a slow day when I'm lying on the couch watching reruns of The Rifleman on ME TV. Lucas McCain is about to bring down a couple of crooks with his repeater rifle. So, what else is new on this show? Nothing. This scenario occurs every day. The script writer had the best job in television.

Then it hit me. Have you ever noticed on these 1870's cowboy shows most of the scenes are shot in either the sheriffs office, on the dusty streets of the town or in the local bar. It seems to me the bar always has swinging doors, about four feet high. I realize these shows were in the wild west with desert like conditions but it didn't seem right. I've spent time in the desert and there are all types of critters that would think their was a welcome mat out for them with these flimsy doors. I know if I was a varmint I'd move right in and park my kiester behind the piano. So, it appears we have progressed over time. Bars have doors and depending on what part of town you reside bars over those doors.
Not much to this post. As a matter of fact if your reading this and come to this last word then you're as bored as I and that isn't good.

No comments: