Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Change Of Heart

Pictures & Photos of Jane Wyatt - IMDb

So, her I sit while watching one of my favorite sitcoms, 'Father Knows Best'. Th #1 reason I enjoy the shows of the 50's and 60's is dad wasn't viewed as a bumbling dufus.

The other reason is the wives were what we all wanted out mother's to be; kind, loving, caring, etc.

I used to think Donna Reed would be my dream girl. She was more than beautiful. In my mind she was dynamite. But Donna has been replaced. My all-time favorite is Jane Wyatt. Why, you might ask?

Okay, let's get the superficial out of the way. Ms. Wyatt was gorgeous. Did you know one of her direct ancestors was Rufus King? He was a signer of the Constitution. That's heady stuff and in high society could open many doors.

Donna Reed was married four times. I've always thought I'd be a real catch but let's face it. If  had married Reed chances are better than 90% I would have been #5.

The first girl I ever dated who was Catholic I married. From the time I began dating at 16 though 23 those girls were all heathens. So, being Catholic and marrying a Catholic was a big deal for me.

Jane Wyatt was raised Catholic and stayed that way until she died in 2006 at the age of 96. Better yet she married one time and their marriage lasted until one day shy of their 65th anniversary. This time frame would have given me an even steven chance of making good with Ms. Wyatt.

Yipper, Donna Reed has been replaced but by a real dandy.

No comments: