Wednesday, November 8, 2017

This 'N That From Olathe Kansas

Tricked you, didn't I? You thought I was going to write 'from Dublin, Ohio. Well, you were wrong.

I had to make a quick trip out to the old homestead of Boone, Iowa; left last Monday. how many times have I written, my carelessness and irresponsibility fuels our economy? Yippeer, I did it again. 

My Suburu pulled into a motel parking lot in Galesburg, Illinois. The next morning I double checked the room to make certain I had everything I brought in with me. I double checked then went to the front desk.Normally, I don't ask for a receipt but this time I did. As I picked up the receipt I laid my shaving kit on the counter. It's not your average kit.  The Queen gave it to me for my birthday last January.
The price tag on it cam to $115. It's all leather made by Rawlings. For the life of me I don't know why she spent this kind of cash. I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a whole cow. Usually when I travel I throw all my toiletries into one of those plastic bags you'd find at the grocery store.

The owner of he motel was nice enough to call our home in Ohio. He promised to send it COD to Kansas and I'll send him cash as  reward.

Driving pet peeve #345
I found myself drive north on I-35 two miles south of Ames, Iowa when all northbound traffic came to an abrupt halt. We then began crawling along at around 5 mph and all left lane vehicles, mine, moved to the right. The right lane had to be stopped for two miles at the very least. At this stage of my life I'm prepared to know what happens next. Out of my side view mirror I saw cars speeding up the left hand lane to get to the head of the line and squeeze up front. It's called cheating. I should realize that these people are extremely important and have so very many important tasks to perform in there day I should let them do their thing. But I don't. 

I move my vehicle into the left hand lane and stop. Truckers are cheering me on, honking and giving me the thumbs up.

First comes a car with Nebraska plates. He honks and honks again. I'm not impressed. Finally, he leaves the highway to his left and gets on the grass giving me thee #1 sign as he goes around me.

Next, a car with Michigan plates. Same story. And that was it. I knew there would be no one with Iowa plates being jerks. 

We're in Olathe fo our granddaughter's 13th birthday. This scares me. I think I'll go out today and buy a tombstone.

When we were kids we played games like Sorry, Candyland, and Monopoly. My 10 year old grandson asked if I wanted to play a game along with his  year old sister. "Sure", I said, "It'll be fun". The game is called, 'Fire in Tokyo'. The players are Godzilla type monsters, all different kinds. Get this! The winner is the one who kills the other players creatures by using thunderbolts an icon with horrendous giant claws. It's no wonder we have murders and mayhem in this country.

No comments: