Friday, June 8, 2018

Going On Vee--cayshun

The heading says it all. I'm taking off for for Minnesota tomorrow; to the land of Swen and Ole. The trek used to be made in one day, all 17 hours of it. That was back around the turn of the century. These days I work my way up by visiting long time acquaintances.

At this stage of my life it takes me five days and I stay in motels along the way. The body hasn't learned to handle the stress of non-stop, steering wheel gripping driving. Truth be told I sometimes take the back roads to enjoy the scenery. There are drawbacks to this. Dodging an occasional deer or other large animal of the northwoods not being the least.

It's always good to drive during the daytime. I see fewer drunk drivers that way. The exception, of course, are the citizenry of Wisconsin. They put beer on their cereal.

Stay tuned. I appreciate your viewership. I'll be back in a week. I'm sure Swen and Ole will have words of wisdom for you. MJ Hawkeye

No comments: