Thursday, February 21, 2019

Charley's New Diet

We've had Charley, our newest family addition, for not quite two weeks. Yesterday, The Queen to Charley to the Vet for a once over. We found a plethora of information to help us raise our new child.

First, we were concerned about his lineage. I don't know why. I'm not concerned about mine. Do you want to know if you have too much money? My son took their newly adopted pet, Lily, to a dog doctor to have it's blood taken to find out its lineage? I once told you our daughter took their pooch to a doggie psychiatrist in hopes of solving its mental problems.

We decided to not go this route primarily because it costs money better spent on us. Originally, we thought Charley was a Cairn breed with some terrier in it because it has bat ears. Then my son decided on his own it was like Toto in The Wizard of Oz. The Vet yesterday told us, in her infinite wisdom, Charley is mostly Affinpincher. I think he's a Schlicter with an emphasis on the 'licter'. He licks everything. The furniture is a favorite along with my hands, arms and legs. I didn't know I was so sweet.

The vet told us NOT to waste money on gluten free food. She said dogs(and people) need grains to survive. I always thought this was the case. (Charley is licking my ankles as I write-If anyone knows the name of a good doggie psychiatrist give me a shout).

This gluten free statement from our dog doctor will solve a huge problem when we go to Mass. From now on Charley won't have to make the choice of receiving a gluten or gluten free host.


No comments: