Wednesday, February 13, 2019

In The Name Of Diversity

There are words and then there are other words I just can't shake. When I read or hear a story that's 'gone viral' I cringe. It's me, not you. 'Gone viral' is one of those phrases overused.

I feel the same about the word 'diversity'. I wonder why diversity is a good thing and why it has to be accepted. I don't see it.

I read a blurb in the Columbus Dispatch, the newspaper all of Ohio doesn't depend on. I don't buy it online or subscribe, either. For me it would be a mortal sin worthy of a confessional visit. If I read The Dispatch I might as well read The Des Moines Register which means I should die naked and screaming.

 In this blurb the author stated Ohio has 100,000 Somalian immigrants. In addition, Columbus proper has 40,000 Somalians; the second largest number in the U.S.
I don't know number one but an educated guess tells me its Minneapolis. Which brings to mind that Somalians might be the dumbest immigrants on the face of the earth. Who in their right collective minds leave a country with temperatures averaging those of Hell to live permanently in the land of Antarctica north?

I ask you, why should I have to accept diversity from peoples who denigrate my country, who has a female member of Congress who lambastes Jews on a daily basis, who lead the league in terrorist attacks, who demand mosques in our public schools and, finally, demand that bacon not be an accepted food staple. That in itself is enough for instant deportation.

Diversity, and it's lack of acceptance, is the American way. Let's say one of my children came home with a huge ring in their nose and a tattoo on their forehead and I throw a fit. Is this action on my part not accepting diversity? Examples of non diversity acceptance are endless. If we do accept diversity there'd be no good reason to not be catty and opinionated.

The big question about diversity is why doesn't the Left accept it?

No comments: