Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thank The Lord For What You Have

I'm home from my Oklahoma fishing trip. It did not go as planned. As a matter of fact it was a bust, an uncontrollable bust.

A gentleman from Omaha, a long time friend of my long time buddy and college roomie met in Miami, Oklahoma for three days of fishing in in that state and also in Arkansas. It didn't work out and out long awaited fishing trip had to be canceled.

We did some fishing the first night. The next morning the Omaha man had some pain in his right arm and could not make a fist so it was off to the hospital. Tests were taken and the gentleman had suffered a slight stroke. Fortunately, he received prompt treatment and is recovering.

That afternoon I started driving back to Ohio but there were positives to my ill-fated trip.

I was able to visit for two days with my son's family in Olathe, Kansas. I saw my buddy from Miami who I had not seen in two years along with his more than lovely wife. I did meet and commune with his high school friend who is a bona fide gentleman.

Is the glass half full or half empty?

No comments: