Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Starting The Day With Your Pal

Dogs are funny and sometimes frustrating creatures. I'm working on not comparing our CeeCee's habits with those of Charlie. For instance, when we, Charlie and I, came downstairs after a nights sleep I'd open the front door and Charlie would immediately move to the courtyard garden, water the plants, then come back in the house for his morning chow. CeeCee, however, is a different animal with a different mindset. Today, she came downstairs and opted to not go outside to relieve herself. She sat and waited for me to get her food and when finished moved toward the kiving room carpet and sat looking at me. When Charlie was here there was no way in heck he'd eat with a bladder and bowel completely filled. Different folks for different folks I guess. Eventually, after much cajolling our lil' lady went outside and did her job. I sometimes sit and stare at her and ask myself, "What is going through your mind? What can I do to make your life better; to help you feel like a part of this family. Baby steps I guess.

There was some good news to report on CeeCee from two days ago. I've written how afraid she is of other dogs. Our next door neighbor has two of the critters; one is the size of a shoe box and yappy. The other is a hunting dog with the energy of the Energizer Bunny. CeeCee has learned to tolerate them------sort of. Anyway, I was on the back patio and the neighbor dogs were doing their normal thing; being bothersome. Finally, CeeCee had had enough and jumped up on my lap for protection. To me this was huge. She showed she trusted me and knew I'd protect her. If I had more money I'd hire the Dog Whisperer for psychological training. If you want to help out with this process send the check to me. I'll gladly accept it.

No comments: