Monday, October 19, 2009

Wacky Tabacky

This is the gospel truth. I have never in my life smoked marijuana. I am so unfamiliar with the weed that I had to look up the correct spelling. I don't even know any of my friends, except one, who has used it. Even if they did we don't talk about it. It's the same as saying "condoms" in a hush hush voice back in the sixties.
Everyone by now knows that Obama gave the go ahead to use Mary Jane in eleven states where it's ok'd for medical use. Call me nuts but I'm thinking there's going to be an up tick in faux illnesses in California, Michigan and a whole bunch of other states I can't remember. As with every other government mandated utterance law enforcement will be stretched to the limit covering a vast array of abuses. In the 1920's this country experienced what was called Prohibition of alcohol. For the youngsters in the audience alcohol consumption was verboten. Except, one could buy a bottle of booze with a doctors prescription. There was more illegal consumption of booze in the twenties than seen in the history of the country. Just consider this; without Prohibition the Kennedy's and mother Rose's dad wouldn't have made their millions as bootleggers. What we are about to witness is an increased trafficking of marijuana in the US. Libs are smart enough to know that incrementalism is the way to fly. It's also a prime source of tax revenue for the feds.
It's going to be interesting and sad at the same time looking ten years down the road. God Almighty, I'm glad I'm in my sixties and don't have to raise kids anymore. Fact is, it's not that big deal for the kids. A two minute phone call and they're set up. It's us old goats who will want to relive a lost youth by scoring a nickel bag. That is marijuana lingo, isn't it?

No comments: