Saturday, January 4, 2014

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Unless you've been on another planet, the sun or instance, it's cold in the Midwest. When I write Midwest I refer to those states from Indiana west to Colorado and Missouri north to Minnesota.  I wrote my Storm Lake cousin a week ago that East Coast people deserve to suffer for being voters of high taxation. They're also fornicators and adulterers so a pox on them.(If you live on the EC don't take offense. I was speaking of communists and Chuck Schumer).
People in Ohio, the state of my residence, are going to experience temps below zero this Tuesday. I spoke with my son's in-laws this morning. They said that on Tuesday when the temperature falls to -10 it will be the lowest it's been since 1994. Heck, that's nothing. When I was growing up in Iowa we went to the swimming pool on days like that. The coldest I ever experienced in the Hawkeye state was in 1982 when the gauge read -35 with a wind chill of -70.
I was on the cell with my neighbor at our Minnesota lake place. They're Iowans by birth but decided to stay at the lake this winter. Their home is located three hours north of The Twin Cities. If you don't know geography then how about this: they live two hours due east of Fargo, North Dakota.
I scanned a nice picture of the country and it said that it's going to be the coldest winter in forty years in the mid-section of the country. It's supposed to be -15 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay on Saturday when the Packers take on San Francisco. I wonder if Nancy will show up to lead the cheering section for the 49'ers.

Take a look below. I feel sorry for all of you. I'll be flying to Ft. Myers, Florida on Tuesday.
Wish me luck. I tee off Wednesday morning at 9 AM.
Click your cursor on the icon to enlarge

chill map

No comments: