Monday, January 20, 2014

"OH, SHUT UP"

When I was a kid we could about get away with about anything in my family--anything, that is except saying, "Oh, shut up"; Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz. However, there are times for one's own mental health when it has to be verbally or mentally said.
I was flying home from Ft. Myers, Fla. last night and a young man sitting next to the window, two seats to the left of me, was constantly sucking down phlegm. He'd snort through his nostrils.(We had a full airplane so I couldn't move) This "snortation" went on and on and on. It deserved a big time "shut up" but I didn't do it. My kindness overwhelms me.
Once, twenty years ago, some guy came up to me when I was talking to a friend of mine about a mole on my forearm. He told me I had cancer without be asked his opinion. "Shut up, man", is what I said to him.
Two weeks ago I went to a place called the Good Feet Store and purchased shoe inserts for my ailing feet and hammer toes. I'm a salesmen's best friend, impulsive and stupid when it comes to buying items; instant gratification is what I want. I spent $325.00 on these things and guess what? When I walked out the store they were mine, no returns allowed. Even my personal GP doctor received an, "Oh, shut up". I had a physical and was telling my Doc friend about my purchase. And what did he say? Well, it was one of these responses that I absolutely hate, "You should have come to me first. I would have written you a prescription to a podiatrist and you could have used Medicare to get them for next to nothing".
 I was at the Michael's store in Dublin. It's a craft shop. I bought a small plaque with an in scripted engraving. There were eight letters in this four inch long piece of cheap metal. The price came to $25.00. I bought it because my neighbor gave me a personalized photo of Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus and there were only four in existence. I felt an obligation to make the buy. When I paid for it I asked the sales lady why it was so high priced and before I could get an answer a kid standing next to me said: "You should have gone to-----and before he could finish I held my ears with the palms of my hands and said, "Oh, Shut Up". I think people think they're being helpful when they unintentionally make others feel like a jackass but, believe me, it only causes embarrassment and mini-anger and I don't need it
The President deserves a couple of "Oh, shut ups, big time. Yesterday he said if he had a son he wouldn't want him to play Pro football. No, if he had a son he'd want him to be a thug, attack people physically and smoke dope. Today, Mr. Obama told us that marijuana wasn't as harmful as alcohol. Oh great, knowing liberals the way I do now we can expect kids to be glomming onto as much weed as possible because the President weighed in on the matter. Why does he even need to say anything about these subjects. Until 2002 I was an alcohol aficionado. But since I've given it up I don't talk about it to anyone. It's none of my business. Now, Obama thinks he's a father figure to our children. Just because he "was" an expert with the Choom Gang doesn't mean he has the right to dictate our football or psychedelic preferences. "BARRY, DOUBLE SHUT UP".

No comments: