Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How To Entertain Yourself

 Road trips are fun. I'm on one now. My ex-boss, who I love more than Richard Burton originally loved Elizabeth Taylor, is having his 80th birthday party this upcoming week-end. It will take place in Punta Gorda, Florida. Yes, it's a 16 hour drive but he's more than worth the trip.
If you knew him you'd agree.

I took off from Dublin, Ohio two days ago. At my age I'm good for about a 7 hour drive. I'll stop and visit what I think are interesting sites. Mostly, I'll keep these in mind for a blog. This time, after cruising along on I-75 in Tennessee there wasn't much worthwhile for me to pull over. There was one item that caught my attention. A hearse in front of me was sporting a license plate reading: Dead 1.
You will not see that in Iowa.

NEWSFLASH-Have I written this before? I don't think so. For the last three weeks I have given up on Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, anything of a political nature on the radio. The same goes for television. The result is mind is more focused. I don't get frustrated and swear nearly as much as I used to. I'm happier.

I drove, in the last two days, 12 hours and not once did I turn on the radio. In my car I carry a cache of CD's. It would be impossible to list the singers who fit into my carrier. They range from my very all-time favorite, Patsy Cline to my new found ones, Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons.

If you want to know more about my likes I'm a huge fan of BB King. He once played in Davenport, Iowa to a full house and my wife and I were the only white people in attendance.

Shania Twain  is high on my list of singers. Did you know I once sat in her favorite bar seat in Timmons, Ontario? Not only is she my fantasy babe she is also a fabulous singer. This afternoon I was playing her CD and singing along with it. A song came on and I began bellowing it out loud, It's titled: "I feel like a woman" I got half way through and thought, this is stupid. I can't feel like a woman because I'm not a woman. So I turned it off and put on Elton John. He might feel like a woman, or not. But he's an excellent singer.

No comments: