Sunday, April 26, 2015

Question Of The Day About The Baltimore Riots

There have been a series of 'peaceful protests' in Baltimore this past week. They dealt with a man who was in a car crash and suffered a severed spine. Allegedly, six policemen 'acted stupidly' in dealing with the accident. They have been suspended with pay until an investigation is completed. The police were not prompt in getting this African-American to the hospital and were careless in his transportation. He later died.

The resulting non-action by the police prompted massive protests with the hashtag, "Black lives matter". The non-violence isn't anymore. Baltimore is a war zone with the usual rioting and destruction taking place against white citizens and businesses.

My question is, why is it when businesses are looted and destroyed the main recipients of these actions are against Black businesses? Typically, the following items seem to be the most popular taken by the thieves: televisions, cigarettes( Kool menthols I'd wager--is that racist--so be it), and beer along with wine.

If I, MJ Hawkeye, had a major grievance against 'The Man' and I was about to go on a rampage I'd pick up some lawn and garden items; flowers, seed, tools for digging and a bag of fertilizer. My wife would be forever grateful at my thoughtfulness.

As for me, I'd hit a clothing and shoe store. Who doesn't need a new pair of Florsheim Imperial shoes? Along with these I'd snag a variety of Dockers slacks, size 36 and 38 waist size because my weight fluctuates. A rioter can always use some new golf shirts. I'd look for some with really cool logos. If there was a sporting goods store nearby, well, a new set of Titleist irons would be the perfect gift for myself.

And, if I felt I needed to take out my wrath on a business because of racial discrimination, depending on my grievance, there are numerous minorities ready for the taking. Why would I go after Whitey?
That would make no sense at all. He's one of mine.

Sometimes, I amaze myself with my ability to be able to analyze a situation. You know what I'm talking about; making lemons into lemonade.

No comments: