Wednesday, July 10, 2019

This 'N That From Ten Mile Lake Minnesota

And the wild ride continues on from Minnesota.

Three house south of our place is a single guy who owns a Mastiff pooch. He keeps him tied up all day---almost. I call the brute Cujo but it goes by the name of Heidi. Two years ago he bit our neighbor lady who lives next to us so she called the sheriff. That's the end of that story. Nothing happened. Yesterday Cujo, unchained, came into our yard and attacked by beloved squirt lap dog. Charlie barely escaped while the Queen opened the back door and he came running up the stairs into my arms. He's been so nervous lately I'm afraid I'm going to have to hire a doggie psychologist.

Her Majesty again went to the sheriff but evidently dogs in the woods are exempt from whatever laws there are for dangerous animals, Cujo included.

My neighbor and I were going to go golfing today but since the forecast called for a 50% chance of rain we called it off. I didn't realize rain came out of the sun because that's what I'm seeing.

The forecast for last week during the 4th was for rain five days in a row beginning on Independence Day. We received zero, zip, nada  moisture. So, I ask you this. How can learned scientists(AOC excluded) predict global warming thirty years in advance when they screw up a four day forecast?

We're anticipating the next two weeks with trepidation. In our cabin we will house all three of our children and their spouses along with ten grandchildren ranging in age from 5-14. Along with them will be another family with four children. My only problem with this is who has to buy the food. I don't even want to consider my toilet paper bill.

I bought nitecrawlers four days ago for daily fishing. As yet the boat hasn't left the lift. I wonder how long worms in the fridge last before they rot. I guess we'll find out.

In Sacramento California it is now illegal to work on your own car in your own garage.

I read a story in the news this morning about a guy in Missouri who was a crook and had gone into hiding. He was quite successful until all of a sudden he had an enormous, how do I tastefully write this, had an internal gas explosion and was successfully apprehended. The moral of the story is if you wanted to be a thief avoid baked beans.

Our women's world cup soccer champions are demanding equal pay with the men. After all they were a $70 million dollar operation last year. The problem for them is them men earned $4 billion. In addition, It’s not that the American women are better in an absolute sense than the American men. In 2017, for example, the U.S. women’s team was beaten 5–2 by a team of Dallas boys no older than age 15. It's the same as comparing professional women's basketball with the men.

 Let me ask you a question. When was the last time you sat down to watch on TV or paid cash to watch professional women play round ball?

Have a wonderful rest of the day and remember to stay out of the rain.



No comments: