Saturday, January 23, 2021

For The Sake Of Argument Let's Say Biden Received The Most Votes

 Not in a thousand years will anyone convince me Joe Biden received more votes than Donald Trump. I will not be convinced he received more votes than Barack Obama or Hillary. But, let's say he did and how could this happen.

I had a priest mentor in the 1960's. Those of us cat lickers who went to the public school had to attend a religion class and he was our guy. We've carried on a friendship over the years. It was he got me hired as teacher-basketball coach at a Catholic high school in Storm Lake, Iowa. He also married The Queen and I in 1969. We've stayed close. He's now retired and lives in a small Iowa farm community.

Sometime around last October either I called him or he called me. It doesn't matter. In the course of the conversation I asked for whom he ws going to vote. He answered, "Biden". I asked why. He said, " I dunno." Then I pursued him further and he told me he had his vote because he was a Democrat. 

I have to wonder how many votes went to Joe with the only qualification being a Democrat; no research into the issues, no background checks on his family or the accusations of ill-gotten gains from the Ukraines, Russians and Chinese. For Catholics I wonder how many knew that this 'practicing spiritual Catholic' supports abortion, homosexual marriage, transgendered surgical operations. Do they care or did they see a D after his name?

Let's face it. There are a whole lot of ignorant voters out there. Think not? Look around and tell about what you see and hear? How would you feel about some of these dating your son or daughter, fathering or mothering your grandchildren.

Maybe Joe really did win. Maybe I'll live to be one hundred fifty.

No comments: