Monday, March 20, 2023

What're They Feeding Kids These Days

 Yesterday, in my house, I began watching college basketball at noon and continued on almost non-stop until 8:30 when I was going to hang it up for the day because my tired eyes had fallen out of their sockets and were rolling around on my man cave floor. It was then I happened to scroll up and down the program offerings one last time  and saw that the Ohio High School Division 1 state championship game was on TV. In Ohio division 1 are the 'Big Boys' and the two teams playing were Pickerington Central( a suburb of Columbus), last year's State Champion and Akron Hoban.

As the game wore on my eyes were glued on one Akron player in particular. I thought to myself, "That's one big kid." Well, he was big unless you consider 6'8" and 290 lbs. a midget. Folks, Hoban won the game. Pickerington Central had on their team the number 1 player in Ohio who is headed to The Ohio State University. The unbelievable aspect of the game for me is that the rather large young man who guarded Ohio's top player is, tah-dah: A-High-School-FRESHMAN! 

You would have had to see it to believe it! https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2023/03/19/ohio-high-school-boys-basketball-hoban-score-pickerington-central-tk-griffith-logan-vowles-sam-greer/70026481007/

No comments: