Thursday, April 9, 2009

FDR Democrats

I bungled in my thinking-----big time. I always suspected the Republican, conservative groups would have easy sailin' sometime around 2012. By that time, I convinced myself, most all FDR Democrats would be deceased. What a load off my mind that would be. One of my personal coups was when I found out my mom did not vote for Al Gore or John Kerry. Even so, there are many lovely, misguided folks who still remember fondly the "Fireside Chats", "Nothing to fear but fear itself" speeches. I hold my tongue when I'm around them. They're pretty serious when it comes to New Deal loyalty. Anyway, I read yesterday that new immigrants, Hispanic, make up one half of all emigrants to the country. Hispanics for FRD'ers. That's what it is and that's the reason Obama is going to start pushing for an easy path to citizenship for our friends from down south of the border.

No comments: