Wednesday, April 14, 2010

B.H.O. Speaks And I Cringe

I've always remembered today's date of April 14. It was the day President Abraham Lincoln was shot. He was a personal hero of mine in the early days of my youth. My parent's planned a vacation trip to Springfield, Illinois when I was a lad of eleven. We saw his home and his burial site. His casket is on display, you know.
About fifteen years ago I was working my way through Kentucky and saw a sign that said, "site of Abraham Lincoln's birth-twenty miles". A series of arrows directed me to a cabin about the size of our bathroom. It has been transplanted into a much larger memorial building. I always remember that his mother's name was Nancy Hanks. His dad wasn't such a nice fella but his mother made sure he knew his ABC's and could count. I'm always surprised that great Americans in history could be so wise and knowledgeable. I guess there wasn't much to do in the early 1800's. I mean, there weren't many basketball courts, baseball diamonds or football fields. It's difficult to comprehend but time blots out a lot of what should be remembered. I told my five year old grandson we didn't have television when I was his age and he laughed. But I digress. I was looking at today's news, probably the AP, and I saw a quote from Barack Hussein Obama for this April 14---today! "Whether we like it or not we remain a dominant military superpower". Abraham Lincoln he ain't and I'm very afraid for what these Alinskyites are doing to our nation.

No comments: