Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm Disgusted With Politics

The wife and I were watching television last evening; nothing special that comes to mind. I said, out of nowhere, I am so sick of politics I almost don't care anymore. Everything is so politicized that it's not any fun. Whatever the subject matter it always revolves into a political discussion then I get bent out of shape and want to slap Keith Olbermann. When we meet new couples socializing it's mandatory that we have to make certain the subject of Obama doesn't come up. Even so, I'm always looking for clues as to their political stripe. What magazines do they read? Are they teachers? Is he or she a member of a union? You get my drift. It wears me out. Today I golfed. It's my favorite activity. I was with my three best golfing buddies. We needle each other. We give encouragement and we high five on good shots or tell the golfer what a nice shot he made after he does. Not once in four hours did we mention a political boob from the State of Ohio or the City of DC.
I hope I can follow through on my next declaration. I want to write about the important things in life; my children and their accomplishments. I like writing about Iowa. It's the land of my birth. Good people there are in Iowa. I've traveled to many foreign lands and hope to visit many more before I give in to old age. If there's a person who doesn't enjoy their grandchildren and want to spend valuable time learning from them then they don't deserve to be grandparents. Kiddies are a hoot. I am going on hiatus from politics and political opinion.
Let me repeat. I'm sick of the divisiveness in this country. Every day it's the same old crap. There! I feel better already and I can hardly wait to golf again tomorrow. My next door neighbor founded Muirfield Village Golf Club with Jack Nicklaus. He asked me if I wanted to become a member. I was absolutely thrilled but had to decline because I don't have that kind of m$n$y. Being asked was an honor. Bet that hasn't happened to many of you-----and it had nothing to do with politics. It's only a story.

No comments: