Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lottery Tickets And Postage Stamps

Be careful when you buy those scratch off lottery tickets. It just might be that you had a winner but the store clerk could be holding back. In Columbus O. a guy by the name of Mahmoud(Mach-mood) kept telling buyers, "Nope, you not win today" but it seems he had over 260 large in winning tickets when arrested.
I had a thought today about a conspiracy between the US Postal system and sellers of cards, especially those for Mother's Day. My ninety-one year old mother will receive her normal "thank you for all the things you've done" card this Saturday. Mother's Day is one of those events that's big time when it comes to volume. As God is my witness I could not find an appropriate card that didn't require extra postage. Envelopes are larger than ever and they all require that extra 44 cents. I could've sent Ma an e-mail but it didn't seem right. Besides, I don't think she knows how to turn on the machine. She may not know what a computer is thinking it could be a bedside television.

No comments: