Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Men Lie More, But Better

Men are more likely to tell lies than women and feel less guilty about it, says a survey.

In a poll of 3,000 people, researchers found that the average British man tells three lies every day, that’s equivalent to 1,092 a year.

However the average woman appears more honest, lying 728 times a year – around twice a day.

MEN’S TOP 10 LIES
1. I didn’t have that much to drink
2. Nothing’s wrong, I’m fine
3. I had no signal
4. It wasn’t that expensive
5. I’m on my way
6. I’m stuck in traffic
7. No, your bum doesn’t look big in that
8. Sorry, I missed your call
9. You’ve lost weight
10. It’s just what I’ve always wanted
WOMEN’S TOP TEN LIES
1. Nothing’s wrong, I’m fine
2. I don’t know where it is, I haven’t touched it
3. It wasn’t that expensive
4. I didn’t have that much to drink
5. I’ve got a headache
6. It was in the sale
7. I’m on my way
8. Oh, I’ve had this ages
9. No, I didn’t throw it away
10. It’s just what I’ve always wanted
~snip~
The reason for this is simple. Men get grilled by women much more than the other way around. This is true even in the animal kingdom.
From our old pals at iOwntheWorld

No comments: