Monday, July 21, 2014

Another Reason To Love The South

My wife and I took a mini vacation to Chattanooga for the week-end. The city is a well kept secret and if you happen to have some time and are in close proximity(an eight hour drive) it would be well worth your time and money to make a visit.
When we're in a community on a Sunday we always scope out intriguing Catholic Churches. Once, in Montgomery, Alabama we attend a church composed entirely of Blacks just to say we did.
Our priest was elderly, my age, and prior to the Mass walked the aisle welcoming parishioners and visitors alike. One can't find that in most churches.
At the end of the service the good Father made an announcement: "I know you've all been waiting for this(referring to parishioners) but for our guests, Y'all come back, Ya' hear". That, my friends, is what I love about the South.

No comments: