Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Problem With Big League Baseball

Do you like baseball? I do. It's my favorite team sport. The wife and I were in Kansas City the past few days visiting our son's family which means we were actually there for our three grandchildren.
Since we don't see them often we shower them with goodies they wouldn't otherwise receive. On Saturday night we had no plans so Grandpa came up with a brilliant idea. The Kansas City Royals were in town hosting the Cleveland Indians. I thought it would be a special night if I took my son, his wife, our nine year old granddaughter and seven year old grandson to the game. What a thrill for me for them to see their first big time game. After I received a 'hooray' from everyone I sauntered on over to the Hy-Vee Supermarket to purchase the five tickets. It is virtually impossible in this age for a normal family of five to attend a ballgame and not apply for food stamps. Grand total of the tics came to $364.00. That is a mortal sin committed by the Royals. I purchased two beers for my son and one for my daughter in law. Chalk up another $33.00. Sno-Cones were only $5.00 so I saved some cash on that one but not all that much. I say we all fry the phone lines of the KC team and lower the prices for the dummy folks. And, while they're at it, stop paying washed up ball players $25 million a year.

No comments: