Saturday, October 4, 2014

Here We Go Again With The Jobs Numbers, Dumb Women And Joe Biden

Obama was touting the job creation numbers two days ago telling us that it's the best economy in the last nine years. Yes, it was he who is responsible for the unemployment rate being down to 5.9%. That's a bunch of hooey and we all should know it. If there is an unemployment rate in the fives, which is considered full employment, why are there 92 million Americans who have dropped out of the work force? Are you aware that of these 92 million women comprise 55 million?

Speaking of women, I was driving back toward Ohio yesterday on Interstate 80 and stopped into a Farm and Fleet store in Davenport Iowa to buy a Swiss Army knife. I'm addicted to those little gizmos but am always finding a way to lose them. I've purchased three in the last week because the other two decided they didn't want to be with me anymore. Anyway, I rolled into the parking lot and ahead of me was a Ford SUV with two bumper stickers. One read 'Are you ready for Hillary' and the other 'Republicans-Stop the War on Women'. I parked to the right of the Ford and the age sixty type lady with dyed red hair but dressed in stylish clothes walked in with me. I said, I noticed your bumper sticker about the war on women and said, "You're right. I'm a Republican and I've been beating my wife for forty-five years". Her only comeback was, "Republican men are stupid and the only people stupider(figures) are Republican women". Do you know what I should have said? "Lady, I saw your Hillary bumper sticker and since I want Hillary to win I thought you'd want to know what I just heard on the radio. It was announced she suffered a stroke an hour ago and is on life support" For a few minutes she would have been in agony and I would have felt I did my duty.


Speaking of stupid. Surely you heard about Joe Biden's latest. He was in Springfield, Missouri speaking and brought up the subject of the 161 folks who perished in the town's tornado of two years ago. Except, he put the number at 161,000. Talk about stupid.

No comments: