Thursday, October 9, 2014

What's Up With Ebola

There hasn't been a comment coming out of these fingers about Ebola. There's a valid reason. I don't know anything about it. Will I become infected? Maybe. But, didn't the president tell us the chances of it entering the country were next to nil. And if it should magically invade our unprotected borders we had the knowledge and technology to address the problem. We were told it couldn't be transmitted air borne. Don't step in the puke of an Ebolite(I made that up). You could get sick and die.

You are aware a fella from Dallas died the other day from the sickness. He was from Liberia. Now, Jesse Jackson and CNN are telling us we are racists because we aren't doing enough to help this African nation because we hate them. After all, we sent slaves to this country in the 1820's to get them out of America. Gasp! And to think, Abraham Lincoln wanted to send emancipated slaves there after the War Between the States. He must have been a racist, too.

I'm thinking back to the 1980's when we first heard of AIDS. Becoming an Ebolite scares me a little bit more. Worrying about AIDS never bothered me that much because I figured I'd never have coitus with a monkey and their San Francisco offspring. This is going to sound racist coming on the heels of what I just wrote. I doubt I'll have the higher percentage of contracting Ebola because I doubt I'll come into sexual contact, or otherwise, with a Liberian. If Jesse or Al reads this I'm doomed.

And one more thing, this subject bores me. It's like listening to the dude in Australia, Oscar Pretorius, who was on trial for murder. It's the same as every other 24 hour news cycle story on the cable shows. It's blah-blah-blah all the time. True story. I've been giving up on Fox News because of this story;' and watching re-runs of The King of Queens and I detest that show. When Rush starts in on Ebola and a possible Ebolite( I told you I liked it) I'll shut off his show until he goes to another subject.

Let me give you the perfect example of how utterly ridiculous people can become over a crisis, even conservatives? A lady called Rush and made the following statement(s): "Isn't it strange we are just now hearing about Ebola one month before the election". Meaning, it's a Dem ploy to keep people away from the polls. In addition, the woman said: "Have you noticed how the Ebola cases take place only in Red States"? Yeesh!. We're all nutso.

Know what? I think all the good doctors who are experts on Ebola are clueless as to a cure or if it causes an addiction to Wrigleys gum or Budweiser beer. If they did why haven't they come up with a solution to eradicating the common cold let alone cancer and AIDS.

No comments: