Monday, October 6, 2014

This Is Scary: English, Spanish, Somalian, Oh My

Little occurrences that happen to me during the day are sources of irritation. For instance, when I go to the drive-in part of the bank to secure some cash and after I insert my debit card this is what I see:
Press for English, Spanish, Somalia.

For the longest period I was ambivalent about the Spanish sign. When the bank inserted Somalia I swore out loud, "WTF"!

I shouldn't be surprised since Columbus, Ohio and the surrounding burbs contain the largest number of these folks after Minneapolis. I suspect we then have the second number of anti-American Muslims in the that group, also. Luckily, the great percentage of these immigrants live in the southwest part of the city commonly referred to as Little Kentucky. I.e. There's really no reason to go there.

In reading Breitbart this morning there was a story about the numbers of non-English speaking people in America. Why, it's almost like we natives are foreigners in our own country. At least Native American Indians had the decency to adopt our language(at the point of a gun).

"An all-time high of nearly 62 million U.S. residents – or about one in five people – now speak a language other than English while at home, a new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) found". http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/05/Report-62-Million-People-In-U-S-Now-Speak-Language-Other-Than-English-At-Home

No comments: