Thursday, August 17, 2017

Golf And Other Stuff

I went golfing with my good friend yesterday. I've sort of given up the game of actual playing since in the last couple of years I've become terrible. Mostly, I go to my driving range at The Heritage Golf Club trying to figure out my problems. This is silly because how can one figure out what they're doing wrong if they they happen to be clueless?

Anyway, my friend is a good guy. He's 6'7", sixty years old, weighs 225 and is buff in his physique. He hit a 3 word 275 yards. I can't hit my driver 240 but he puts up with me. Did I mention he's a Black man?

We were on hole number 14 which, by the way, I did par. I said, "Jeffy, I sure am glad there was slavery in this country." He responded with, "Why would you say that"?. And I came back with, "If we didn't have slavery I'd have never met you". And he laughed.

About the car slaughter in Barcelona today: I'm leaving for our lake place in northern Minnesota.  The way I figure is my chances of an ISIS dude running me down are better than even. If it does occur then you'll know I'm a real loser.

Today, this afternoon actually, I was at my golf club about to hit the range when the thunder began to clap and lightening bolts painted the sky so I started the trek back home. On the way I drove past the Avery Road golf driving range. The skies had opened and the monsoon was in full force. One lone sole was still out on the grass trying to hone his game. My hero!




No comments: