Saturday, August 26, 2017

My Favorite Motto: Never Trust A Woman With A Hyphenated Lat Name

Religious artifacts removed from display on the San Domenico School were moved to storage elsewhere on campus.
Do you find this offensive? Thought you might be interested in knowing tuition, beginnning in kindergarten is $29.9K per year.

It's probably because I'm a practicing Roman Catholic; you know what I mean? I attend Mass once a week at the minimum. I'm still one of those weirdos who commits himself to attending Mass on the Holy Days of Obligation. I even go to Mass on Ash Wednesday, receive the ashes on  my forehead and they stay there all day long. For me, it's a symbol of my faith.

Well, I popped a vein this morning when I read a story out of, where else, California. A school administrator with a hyphenated last name is heading up  program to remove statues of Jesus and Mary from school property. Here's what it is about the Smith-Jones type. They're frustrated old battle axes who were damned lucky to find a guy if they can. And the ones they get are beaten down so badly the're like whimpering dogs who were mistreated and malnourished. My guess is this administrator, Skewes-Cox is as homely as a Rottweiler with the mange.

There was a coach out of Storm Lake, Iowas who headed up the football program at Buena Vista College. We became good friends. I was coaching at the local Catholic high school. I can write his name because he's passed on. It was John Naughton. I was about to get married. He gave me these words of advice one month prior to the wedding: "If you want to have a good wife you have to snap her garters in place" And he was right.

'An independent Catholic school in San Anselmo, California, has sparked the ire of some parents after officials removed and relocated a large number of religious statues, reportedly including those of Jesus and Mary, in order not to alienate children of other faiths.
Amy Skewes-Cox, who heads San Domenico School’s board of trustees, said at least 18 of the 180 religious icons still remain at the school as part of a plan approved unanimously by the board last year, the Marin Independent Journal reported.'

1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.