Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Iron Mike Ditka Speaks Out On Colin Kaepernick

Legendary NFL coach Mike Ditka had some choice words for Colin Kaepernick on Friday.
In an interview with 103.5 The Fan, Ditka was asked about the 49er and his protests of the national anthem.
He offered this unfiltered opinion:
"I think it’s a problem…anybody who disrespects this country and the flag. If they don’t like the country they don’t like our flag…get the hell out.
I have no respect for Colin Kaepernick – he probably has no respect for me, that’s his choice. My choice is, I like this country, I respect our flag, and I don’t see all the atrocities going on in this country that people say are going on.
I see opportunities if people want to look for opportunity – now if they don’t want to look for them – then you can find problems with anything, but this is the land of opportunity because you can be anything you want to be if you work. If you don’t work…that’s a different problem."
Ditka isn't the first to slam Kaepernick. Yet, his response among NFL figures is probably the most controversial.

No comments: