Friday, October 20, 2017

Definition Of An Empty Barrel

Gen. John Kelly referred to Rep. Frederica Wilson as an empty barrel because of her remarks directed town Pres. Trump's so-called insensitive remarks directed toward the widow of a soldier killed in Niger.

Ms. Wilson stated that Kelly's remarks "were racist". I personally heard her say this in an interview.

FYI The definition of an empty barrel according to the dictionary. Quote by Plato: “An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”

Now, had Kelly said, "I'm just calling a spade a spade" then she might have racist grounds.

Times change don't they. Back in the day that phrase would have been someone saying the obvious. 

People have become so insanely sensitive. My high school football coach called me a 'minnow muncher' and 'cat licker' because of my Catholic faith and the fact that we couldn't eat meat on Friday.'
It didn't bother me all that much. Besides, at least he knew who I was. Some kids he ignored completely.

No comments: