Sunday, February 11, 2018

Guys, Don't Forget Valentine's Day

This will be my 48th Valentine's Day with Her Majesty. Don't tell anyone but for her every day is Valentine's Day. She gets what she wants and if she doesn't she'll go buy it anyway.

Many years ago, it might have been around 1976, I hadn't given it a thought. I'd driven to the local grocery story to buy a six pack of brew and as I pulled into the driveway the significance of the day hit me. I had no choice. 'Honey, here's your gift. Drink well".

Valentine's Day is more important for high school and college girls than it is for married types. I always said the better the gift for 17-22 year old females the more action the guy received.

I bought the queen a card for this year. I'll go to Kroger for some flowers. They have real bargains. Besides, I couldn't tell a rose from a violet if my life depended on it.

Happy Valentine's Day, another bogus day to prop up Hallmark and all that goes along with it.

No comments: