Friday, January 15, 2021

A Little To Tall For Me

 As a high school basketball player I had dreamed of being 6'7" in height and coming in at about 220 lbs. It didn't happen. I was 6'1" as a frosh and have remained that way today. As it turned out I wouldn't have been all that good as a college player. Someone in the 12th grade should have told me. I played one year in college and realized I needed to move on to bigger and better activities. 

There's a 17 year old kid in Ohio at what's called the Spire Academy located forty miles east of Cleveland. As I understand it Spire is a sports academy. There are tons of them around the country. They are training grounds for big time colleges and agents.

At Spire you have a kid, Robert Bobrczyki, who walks around with is head in the stratosphere. When he gets out of bed in the morning he gets a nose bleed and then has to put on an oxygen tank to go to the bathroom. He wouldn't need to climb Mt. Everest. He's already there. At 7'7" he's a walking bean pole. I don't believe I'd go for this; too much trouble getting dates.



No comments: