Sunday, January 17, 2021

An Anomoly Of Gigantic Proportions

 As everyone who reads this column knows I'm a huge fan of all things Iowa, athletics especially. I've lived in Ohio since 1989 but asking me to give up on my home state whould be like asking me when I wanted my castration to begin.

The Hawkeyes are playing Northwestern as I write. CBS had a composite of the Hawkeye starters prior to the game. Something didn't look quite right. Then it hit me. All five starters are White; not half White or Indian or Black but White. Something needs to be done about this travesty of justice. I'm surprised Al Sharpton and BLM haven't already decended on Iowa City to address the issue. I'm 100% it'll happen. 

Speaking of justice there's a comminty called Union City, California that is up in arms over a recent situation. Some despicable person pup up a banner reading 'White Lives Matter' downtown. City Fathers are embarrassed. The citizenry is apologising profusely. How couldn anyone do this, some say,on the week-end of Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration. I left teaching in 1988. One day I asked my minority students the significance of the event. To a person, almost, they said it was a day off of school.

Justin Thomas is a fantastic young golfer on the PGA circuit. He's in trouble with the cancel culture crowd among others. In a tournament last week he missed a four foot putt. Who hasn't done that? Heck, I've missed two foot putts but when I do I calmly putt in and walk off the green. Like hell I do. I'll string together expletives that would make sailors blush. Anyway, Thomas has coming under fire for, after his misstep, of uttering a homophobic slur. I'm not certain of the exact word but I believe it has something to do with addressing himself, or the ball, as a faggot.

 One of his sponsors, Ralph Lauren, has torn up their contract. Of course, Thomas issued an apology but in this day those are not good enough, unless one happens to be a flaming jerk wad leftist faggot.

No comments: