Monday, January 18, 2021

A Little Bit About Nothing From Dublin Ohio

 "Twitter is a private company. It can do whatever it wants." Tell that to restaurant owners.

From 'It Ain't Holy Water'

Is it really necessary to have 20,000 National Guard troops stationed in D.C. or is this for show? Seems to me this would mean the Guards would outnumber Biden supports twenty to one. If eighty million voters supported Biden why is there any great concern?

Speaking of Biden: Three days ago he went on You Tube to give a pre-inauguaral speech to his supporters. Twenty-four thousand(that's what they tell us) tuned in. Last year Trump was in San Antonio for a speech. Eight hundred and fifty thousand gave him their undivided attention.

Don't stop the presses. It's overcast in Dublin, Ohio again today with flurries in the air.

Prior to yesterday's NFL playoff games the University of Iowa had eleven players in action. They were number one for colleges and universities. Alabama had four. Surprisingly or not, James Madison University also had four. Sadly, Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa did not have a player.

Tomorrow begins the first round of doctor appointments for the next few weeks. Have you, if you're a dreamer, ever given thought to, "I wonder what I'll dream about tonight?" Last nights trip into La La Land was one of which legends are made. My psychologist suggests I write a book. Trust me. None of these tales would make the Hallmark Channel. It'd be extra cool if they were about getting rich and romance with beautiful women but this would be a 'pipe dream'.

Speaking of Hallmark I have a new fantasy girl. Her name is Charlotte Sullivan and she hails from, where else, Toronto Canada. Canadians produce more than good walleye fishing.



Call me incorrect but the last major snowfall in Dublin, Ohio was around ten years ago. It was a sixteen incher. I was dragging around a bad hip awaiting surgery. As it was it allowed me meet and shovel the walk of my rather eccentric and all around good guy and next door neighbor, Robert Hoag who was one of the four original founders of Murifield Village Golf Club. He was also a life long playing partner with Jack Nicklaus. The stories he related to me are a treasure and some non-relatable. A massive snowfall then meeting a legend: lemonade from lemons.

And finally, if you have a son, grandson or next door neighbor who aspires to be an excellent basketball player you should have them watch the total performance of one Luka Garza from the Univ. of Iowa. The seven footer is a throw back to the old days. He works his tail off in floor transition, is unselfish, shoots the 3 at an almost 50% clip and gets nearly 10 boards a game. Last year he was runner up as player of the year in college basketball. He should have been first but I'm prejudiced. He was asked why he didn't turn pro since he would have been drafted in the second round. His response is one needed more often: "I love my teammates, my coaches and my school" How refreshing.






No comments: