Sunday, April 23, 2023

A Mini Roadtrip

 If absence makes the heart grow fonder then you should be in love with me. I've been lying low the past few days taking one of my infamous road trips to some of my favorite areas; southern Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia. 

Some might ask, why these places? Well, I do it to feel better about myself. If you think about it I have two specific recollections two to illustrate this statement. For example, in Kentucky I stayed one night in a Ramada Inn near Catlettsburg. As I walked in the foyer of the hotel the woman behind the counter shouted out, "Howdy Darlin." How nice is that? So, the woman made me feel good and I came away with positive thoughts. The next morning as I was checking out there was no one behind the counter. I looked and looked and scoured the property. The only thing close to being a person working was a wide open ladies purse staring directly in front of me on the counter. It was then I looked to my left and outside by the pool sat an attractive young women, quite pregnant and smoking a Marlboro. So, you now understand about feeling better about my person by illustrating the good and the not so good.

Regardless, it was a whirlwind trip of three days and was cut short because I got a line on the possible adoption of a Cairn Terrier so I drove three hours to eastern Ohio but, alas, I was too late by six hours. Some other lucky pooch awaits.


No comments: