Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Council Bluffs Cowboy Strikes Again

 Every now and then I'll reference a fella nicknamed The Council Bluffs Cowboy. The moniker isn't that difficult to understand since he resides in the Iowa community of the same name. We became acquainted through a mutual friend via this blog. Actually, I knew of him growing up in Boone, Iowa but since he's six years older than I our contact was understandably limited. The nice aspect of ageing for late lifers is a six year difference is like two months to a fifteen year old. It doesn't mean a whit.

If you want to get a better handle on the Cowboy think of a guy running a wagon train in the Old West. When he said something it was accomplished with experience and he was 100% correct. My friend, at 83, has experience plus and when he speaks I listen. Today, the man sent me his thoughts dealing with the War Between The Sexes; men pretending to be women and all that jazz. It's funny and just goes to show Octegenarians still rule. 

"I just had a thought. 

Men who feel the need for getting some exercise could pretend they are women and go around to all the Targets and Walmarts, .... places that have multiple stalls in their restrooms, and go in the women's restrooms and put all the seats up.  This would give the pretend women exercise walking and bending and would be good for their health (people say). "

I love this guy.

No comments: