Thursday, August 31, 2023

Living Like A King

 Can it be possible The Queen and I have had the Minnesota lake cabin for 29 years? The answer is a resounding YES, The reason I know is I subtracted my age of 48 when it was purchased with today's 77 and came up with the answer. This would have been impossible had it not been for the Nuns at Sacred Heart beginning with Sr. Mary Calasanctus in 1952 but, that's another story for another time.

A couple of days ago I was looking out of our bay window watching Her Majesty prepare a spot for me in front of the lake alongside our fire pit. Back in '94 I could never envision myself sitting idly in a lounge chair watching birds of all stripes fly overhead, wondering when the next big wave would hit the shoreline or casually watching ants skitter around looking for items to carry back to their next. No, in previous years I needed to be entertained be it driving off to the golf course or getting ready to jump in my boat and seek out the elusive walleye------and on this 5,000 acre lake I do mean elusive.

I had mentioned to a couple of friends and even to The Queen that I could become accustomed to this lifestyle. The one when what I do best is rest. And when I've tired of that I'll go into the cabin, eat lunch then go back outside and rest some more.

I even mentioned to the She gal that I would consider moving up here permanently from our Ohio home. Here's what I do best in our Dublin condo. I sit around looking at the computer and then every couple of hours take the pooch for a walk then return to my man cave and repeat the process. I could do that here. There would be less violent crime in the north woods and a thousand fewer stop lights to contend with on a daily basis when I do venture out amongst the living. And if there is a criminal looking to wreak havoc on us it's so difficult finding our place he'd have to hire a guide to find me. 

I'll have to give this moving thingy some serious thought. Whoops! I gotta stop writing. A hummingbird just flew by and it needs my full attention.




No comments: