Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Our Deadly Racist Highways

 I get a kick out of so called news reporters and their social agendas specifically when it comes to perceived racism. Silly me. I don't get a kick. I'd like to kick them. 

I read a news account today from WOWT-TV in Omaha, Nebraska courtesy of the Council Bluffs Cowboy who lives on the other side of the Missouri River from Omaha in Iowa. The reporter of this story stated the following in regard to minorities having a high death rate due to Omaha's lack of safe highways in low economic areas :

“If you’re a Black road user in Omaha you’re almost two times more likely to die in a traffic crash than if you are a White road user.

Black and African American community members make up about 12% of Omaha’s population, but they account for about 22% of the fatal crashes in the last 10 years in the metro. That includes those who are driving, biking or walking. (The writer made a blanket statement and left it at that with no underlying causes).

It’s a similar story for an even smaller community in Omaha; the Native American population. Although they’re just 1% of Omaha’s population, they account for 3% of fatal crashes."

I think I'll be snarky and suggest that maybe these deaths are the result of driving under the influence of crack cocaine or Thunderbird wine but I won't say that because it would be mean and blatantly racist.

Well, you know how I am----------a guy with a mean streak, so I wrote the author of this piece suggesting she do a follow up story. In the United State Blacks make up approximately 13% of the total population. Obviously, male Blacks come in at about or around 6.5% of that number. I suggested the author of her drivel do some research to find out why the 13% commit 52% of all murders in the good 'ol racist USA. Could it be they're so frustrated at dodging potholes the need for retribution by killing others is the defining cause. Either that or they're on crack cocaine----or whatever.

I remember when it was a badge of honour to be a so-called journalist. Not any more. What hath though wrought, Dan Rather? https://www.wowt.com/2023/08/23/6-your-side-data-shows-omaha-roads-more-deadly-people-color/

No comments: