Monday, January 8, 2024

Does This Seem Right To You

 Her Majesty and I have been in Florida for one week. The weather fifteen miles west of St. Augustine has been pleasant to say the least if you can call temperatures is the 60's with sunny skies that.

All, however, is not candy and roses. Whenever people leave home for another location there are trade-offs. What I've noticed is the price of groceries at our local supermarket is, to say the least, outrageous. One loaf of generic whole wheat bread goes for $4.10 therefore I've cut back on my peanut butter and orange marmalade toast. I do not understand why a quart of milk in Florida runs around $4.00. Don't they have milk cows down here? What really grinded my groin was the price of a jar of Tostitos cheese sauce. I don't often snack on it but once in awhile I find it a delectable snack as I ladle it on my chips.


Surely, you've seen this before. I looked at the price online and it was $5.38. In Dublin Ohio it'll cost me around $4.00 but at our local Publix store the price is $10.00 and change. What's up with that? My best guess is it costs extra money for producers in the Sunshine state to make this item because Mr. Sun is holding them hostage. God only knows.

No comments: