Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chocolate Mike

My two year old grandson, Tommy, calls me Chocolate Mike. It isn't Grandpa, Gramps or any other strange or acceptable moniker. Lord knows how he came up with the name but it's kinda stuck and it's cute so I'll run with it for awhile. Today was another good one in our family. I have a new grandson. Our daughter became a mommy, again. This makes six grandkiddies in all; three girls and three boys. Time doesn't take a holiday. It seems like yesterday that Oscar arrived followed by Eve, then Genevieve, Tommy, Paige and now her brother, David. One of the kids calls me Grandpa L since both his grandpa's are Mike's. Coincidentally, David's two new grandpa's are also Mike's. That archangel must have been quite a dude back in the 1940's to have so many named after him.
Evie, she tries to get cute and simply call me Mike but then I have to give her the stare and she sheepishly whispers, "Grandpa Mike". Genevieve will call me whatever I want as long as I have M&M's in my pocket which I always do. M&M's--Chocolate Mike--Hmmm--maybe that's it.
This grandpa thing is a challenge but I think I'm close to getting a handle on it.

No comments: